Thursday, 5 May 2011

Exactly 1 week to go.

I've been hard at work on the film, and i've made pretty good progress.

Firstly, here's a picture of my three characters, each a different kind of plant pot.

Higher res version here.
As you can see their personality from left to right is Angry, Stupid and Excited. Deep characters in this piece. I used the pictures of plant pots that I took to model them, then I used those same photos to make the textures. The arms, legs, eyes and eyebrows are re-used between all of the models, and the noise and mouth is added into the pot's mesh. The pupils are kept separate from the rest of the eye so that they can look around, which they do at various points in the film.


Here's the latest export of the film. It ends before the actual end (the noise might make you jump!) because I've not finished those shots yet. In fact most of the shots are incomplete, this was mainly for receiving feedback from friends.

I'm going to remove the last split second of the first matchmoved shot. I'm going to add shadows, increase the speed of the leg movement and make the pots bob up and down as they run. The second running shot needs a complete overhaul because they constantly change sizes and the rotation is completely wrong. Oh, also i've got to think about what I'm gonna do about sound and music. I'm not sure if I can create anything that would match this piece but I'll try. If not, I'll use royalty free material.

I'll probably upload another test version tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment